Yesterday evening we announced the availability of Cachet Version 1!
What started out as a late night project for myself has turned out to be one of the biggest projects that I've ever worked on - even now, 8 months later I'm still blown away by the reception of Cachet!
- 50 individual contributors to the codebase
- 850k+ visitors to the website
- 4.5 million events tracked
- Featured on Hacker News twice
- Featured on Product Hunt
- Mentioned by Smashing Mag
- Picked up on Web Appers
- Shared on several sub-reddits
- Used in production in hundreds of companies across the world
I've given a talk on building things for yourself, how I started building Cachet (slides).
Cachet is most likely the reason that I've been nominated for Young Developer of the Year Net Award.
In amongst all of this I've learnt a lot about the Laravel framework, how to write good tests, adhering to code standards, building a brand and dealing with complications.
The amazing thing for me is that this is just the beginning. I have numerous ideas for Version 2 and a lot of work is going on behind the scenes in preparation for some other upcoming news, so stay tuned!